Google Analytics Premium plugin contains custom dimension tracking, which allows you to track pageviews per author, per category, per post type and more and of course.
Custom dimensions allow you to track extra parameters with each pageview. For instance, you can track the author of each post or page that receives a pageview and based on that see how many pageviews specific authors get. Or you can track the category or post type and see page views split out by those.
Google Analytics by Yoast Premium Features
- Author ; Tracks pageviews per author, so you can compare authors or even pay authors based on the number of pageviews their articles received.
- Category ; Tracks the posts category, this allows you to easily see which categories are doing best on your blog and you might want to publish more in.
- Post Type ; Tracks whether the page viewed is a post, page or any custom post type. We use it for instance to have custom reports for our plugins pages (which are a separate post type).
- Logged In ; Tracks whether the viewer is logged in or not, this is especially useful on BBPress / BuddyPress type sites where you have a lot of logged in users.
- Published at ; This tracks the publication time of the post or page, allowing you to compare not just months, but for instance check in december whether the posts you wrote in january or those you wrote in february did better in december.